THERE IS A PROBLEM THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED
California is the epicenter of homelessness in America:
- 20% of homeless Americans live in CA, with 10% in Los Angeles
- Families make up 34% of the homeless
- Nearly 84% of these families are headed by single women
OF THE HOMELESS MOTHERS SERVED BY ELIZABETH HOUSE
- Nearly 40% were children raised in homelessness or foster care
- 70% have been victims of domestic &/or sexual violence
- 10% have untreated mental health disorders
INNOVATION & EXCELLENCE
- 23 years of service (since 1994)
- Only San Gabriel Valley shelter to accept expectant mothers with children
- One of the only shelters in LA and Orange County to allow mothers and newborns to remain in residence up to 4 months post-birth
- One of the only shelters in LA and Orange County to provide a comprehensive alumni program
- 1 of only 4 shelters in LA County to provide in-house support services to pregnant women
- Only shelter to directly provide a Healthy Infant Dyad Program for mother-Infant bonding and to address the effects of chronic toxic stress
- Over 300 women and 400 children served
- 79% of former residents currently served through the Alumni Program
FIVE PRIMARY AREAS OF FOCUS
1. Homelessness: We break the cycle of homelessness
2. Women's Health, Wellness & Empowerment: We help vulnerable women heal, and reclaim their health, bodies and lives
3. Child Health, Wellness & Advocacy: We ensure the safety, health and success of children
4. Healing Through the Arts: We foster healing and client voice through expressive arts and technology
5. Community Wellness & Sustainability: We help create and improve our community
For more details, please see our full presentation here.
Since 2008, Elizabeth House has remained in contact with 79%
(88 of 111) of the mothers who participated in our residential program.
We continue to provide support to them and their families through our comprehensive Alumni Program, offering a variety of classes and mental health services.
Since 2009, Elizabeth has accomplished incredible
growth. Steady successes in fundraising, coupled with wise stewardship of revenue have allowed us to increase our budget to improve program and services.
EVERYTHING YOU GIVE BECOMES HOPE AND OPPORTUNITY FOR OTHERS
Elizabeth House is funded by the generosity of individuals, foundations, businesses, and community groups. Our philanthropic investors are changing outcomes for homeless mothers and children by enabling the services that save their lives.
Thank you for considering how you can personally, or through your organization, contribute to the vital work of Elizabeth House.
If you would like to take a tour of our Alumni Center, we would love to host you! Simply give us a call or send an email. Please contact Founder and Executive Director, Debbie Unruh or Director of Development, Tiffany Goodwin-Van Camp at (626) 577-4434. You may also send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the vision, plan and impact of Elizabeth House in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration of continued support. All that you have given has brought opportunity to resident and alumni families who have built new lives and are doing so well. All that you give will create hope for future families in need, families that will someday find they, too, have a home at Elizabeth House.