Elizabeth House could not do the work that we do in the lives of the women and children who come to us in need without the countless hours given by individual volunteers and groups. Below is a list of ways you can get involved at Elizabeth House.
Make a difference in a woman's life by becoming an Elizabeth House volunteer. There are many ways you can volunteer. Here are a few ideas:
1. Office Assistance: Volunteers are needed every day to assist the office staff by helping with vital daily tasks and special projects; things such as: answering phones, receiving in-take phone calls, and helping with large mailings. Volunteers will come on a weekly basis. Requirements: Application, Confidentiality Forms, Release of Liability/Photos, Current negative TB test and Live Scan.
2. Childcare / Babysitting: Volunteers will have the opportunity to provide care for babies and children while residents/alumni are attending weekly classes, counseling sessions, appointments, special events, workshops, etc. Requirements: Application, Confidentiality Forms, Release of Liability/Photos, Current negative TB test and Live Scan.
3. Transportation: Volunteers are needed to drive residents or alumni to various appointments and run errands for Elizabeth House. Occasional help is needed picking up donations or furniture. We also need help moving residents and alumni to new locations as they transition. Generally, this type of volunteer is needed on an on-call basis. (We would like to have a person who can dedicate one day a week to be available for all our transportation needs.) We need people who own trucks to help. Requirement: Valid driver’s license, registration and proof of auto insurance (copies will be kept on file at Elizabeth House); current negative TB test and Live Scan.
4. Donations: Help with sorting incoming donations and organizing donations in the storage areas.
Weekly, or as needed. Requirements: Application, Confidentiality Forms, Release of Liability/Photos, Current negative TB test and Live Scan.
5. Workshops/Special Events: Volunteers are needed on occasion to help with different areas of our workshops and special events. We are in need of people to assist with setting up, childcare, bringing food, serving food and cleaning up after the event. Requirements: Release of Liability/Photo. For some volunteers: Current negative TB test and Live Scan.
6. Fundraising / Community Awareness: Volunteers are needed who are interested in working on various fundraising projects, special events, and connecting with the community on behalf of Elizabeth House.
7. Gala Committee: Volunteers are needed on a seasonal basis (October through March) to help plan our annual Spring Gala Event. This is a fun and exciting way to be a part of Elizabeth House by working to procure auction items, assemble invitations, create baskets, decorate the venue, and facilitate the silent auction. This committee meets monthly, alternating day and evening meeting times.
8. House Maintenance / Repairs: Help is occasionally needed for minor house repairs (minor plumbing problems, replacing light fixtures, painting, etc.). Assistance is also needed, on occasion, to do outside yard work and upkeep such as adding new plants, flowers, etc., in order to maintain the aesthetic beauty of Elizabeth House.
Requirements: Knowledge of minor house repairs and Release of Liability/Photo.
PARTICIPATE IN AN EVENT
Elizabeth House hosts multiple fundraising events annually, including our Annual Benefit Gala and Silent Auction, which takes place in March. For more information on other events you may contact us.
BECOME A COMMUNITY PARTNER
Elizabeth House relies on the generosity of community partners. If your organization or business would like to support our program by providing services or products, contact us.